NIFT Entrance Exam 2017
Syllabus and Admission Information
|Online Registration starts from||02nd November 2016 to 10thJanuary 2017|
|Last date for Online Registration||10th January, 2017|
|Last date of Online Registration||1st week of January, 2017|
|Last date for online registration with late fee of Rs.5000/- (in addition to the applicable application fee) through Credit/Debit Card only.In case of Demand Draft, the print out of the application along
with DD should reach the given address before 16th January, 2016
Design Aptitude Test for Overseas candidates (for both B.Des. and M.Des)
|16th January, 2017|
|Admit Card – online only||3rd week of January, 2017|
|Written Entrance Examination for all UG & PG Programmes||12th February, 2017|
|Situation Test / Group Discussion / Interview||April – May 2017|
|Declaration of Final Result (Online)||End of May / June 2017|
|Counselling||June 2017 onwards|
- APPLICATION STATUS
- NIFT 2017 Admission Guidelines
- Admission Prospectus 2016
- 2017 International linkages
NIFT Entrance Exam Syllabus
General Ability Test (GAT)
- Quantitative Ability: NIFT Entrance Exam contains maths and this sub-test is designed to test the quantitative ability of the candidates. The sub test consists of questions on Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
- Communication Ability: NIFT Entrance Exam test english grammer and this sub-test is aimed at testing the language ability of the candidates in day to day communication in English. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, one word substitutes, idioms and phrases, correct spellings, etc.
- English Comprehension: NIFT Entrance Exam test your comprehending ability and this sub-test is to test one’s ability to comprehend a situation from a given passage.
- Analytical Ability: NIFT Entrance Exam test is designed to test the candidate’s inference and logic from the given information.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s general knowledge and current affairs.
Creative Ability Test (CAT)
NIFT Entrance Exam test is administered to judge the intuition skill, power of observation, innovation in development of a concept and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of this Exam is to examine students creative skills, use of innovative medium, use of colour and illustration skills.
Managerial Ability Test (MAT)
NIFT Entrance Exam for Management is a test to judge the managerial effectiveness. This test comprises of various sub-tests as given below:
- Case Study
- Logical Ability
- Case Study: This sub-test is based on a situation of an industry environment. It helps to evaluate the candidate’s managerial ability.
- Logical Ability: This sub-test is aimed to evaluate the candidate’s ability to identify the logic or reason involved in a particular problem given and applying the logic in solving the problem. Concepts and practice of creative and lateral thinking are likely to be useful. Short listed candidates from the written entrance examination are required to undergo situation test/Group Discussion (GD) / Interview as applicable.
Shortlisted candidates from the written entrance examination are required to undergo a Situation Test which is a hands-on test to evaluate the candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability on a given situation with a given set of materials.
Case Study based Group Discussions would comprise of approximately 15 to 20 minutes of discussion on a case study assigned on which a panel of experts will assess the candidates on the following parameters:
- Conceptual clarity
- Knowledge of the topic assigned
- Contribution made to the topic
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to generate new ideas
- Problem solving approach
- Leadership qualities
- Effective communication
A candidate is judged on the various parameters during individual personal interview by a panel, as listed below:
- Career orientation
- Aptness for the field
- Overall personal achievements in academics and co curricular activities
- General awareness and aptitude, creative and lateral thinking are likely to be useful.
For Further details logon www.nift.ac.in
Nift Head Office
Hauz Khas, Near Gulmohar Park
New Delhi – 110 016,
NIFT Centres in INDIA
Plot no. 24, Opposite KIIT School of management,
Chandaka Industrial Estate, Bhubaneshwar-751024, Odisha
2nd Floor, Udyog Bhavan,
East Gandhi Maidan, Patna, 800004
Tel: 0612-2675087, 2675464
Contact: Prof. Sanjay Shrivastav, Director
Vidya Mandir, ITI Premises, Doorbhash Nagar, Raebareli, UP – 229 010
Tel: 0535-2702422 / 31
Contact: Dr. A.k. Khare, Director
North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health & Medical Sciences (Old NEIGRIHMS Campus)
‘C’ Block, Pasteur Hills, Lawmali,
Shillong – 793 001